Stuffed Bell Peppers
We try to eat pretty healthy around here and my husband recently asked for something we haven't made in far too long...Stuffed Bell Peppers! Not only are they delicious, but peppers are loaded with health benefits like vitamin C and B as well as Minerals, Antioxidants and low in calories. Win Win people!!!
Makes 8-10 Peppers
What you will need...
- 8-10 Bell Peppers (I like using a variety)
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Fresno Chile, finely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans
- 3 cups Cooked Brown Rice (make it the day before to save time on busy weeknights)
- Shredded Cheddar-Jack Cheese (approximately 3 cups)
For the Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cyanne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hot Mexican Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
Or if you prefer a package of store bought taco or fajita seasoning.
Preheat Oven to 400
1. While oven is heating sauté onion and fresno in a little olive oil.
2. When they start to soften add ground turkey and seasoning, sauté on medium heat until cooked through, stirring often.
3. Add Rice and 1- 1 1/2 cups of cheese to turkey pan and stir to incorporate then add rinsed black beans.
4. Remove tops and seeds of bell peppers and stand up in a casserole dish, you can wad up tin foil to keep them from tipping over.
5. Spoon Turkey, bean and rice mixture into peppers and top with cheese.
6. Loosely cover with tin foil and bake for 30 min.
7. At 30 min, remove foil and bake for another 5-10 min.
Plate em up and top with extra cheese and light sour cream if you like!