Chocolate Banana Bunt Cake
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup Butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 ripe Medium or 2 Large Bananas (approximately 1 cup mashed)
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Low Fat Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder (I like the Ghirardelli unsweetened)
Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray or grease a 12 cup bunt pan.
- Sift over a large bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time, waiting until each one is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add vanilla extract, mashed bananas and buttermilk.
- Add flour mixture 1/2 at a time, mix until incorporated scaring down the sides if necessary. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter into a bowl and fold in cocoa powder until combined.
- Pour in 1/2 plain batter, then chocolate batter and top off with the last of the plain and swirl with a knife.
- Bake in center rack of the oven for 45-55 min.
- When done the top should gently bounce back when pressed. Invert pan over wire rack and remove cake, let it cool and then slice it up and serve with coffee or tea.
This cake comes out beautifully and would be a welcomed addition to the table at a Sunday Brunch or family gathering. Enjoy!